About Us

Andrew Gainford and Steve Ainley welcome you to Calder House Hotel.

Built in 1882 this imposing Victorian residence became Calder Girls School in 1884 until it closed its doors in 1967, in its heyday the school was patronised by the well to do society of the day who sent their offspring to board in the flourishing seaside resort of Seascale.

Our aim is to to restore the building to its former glory and much of the memorabilia echo its past.

Calder House Hotel has always been popular with the staff and contractors at the BNFL Sellafield site.

We are less than ten minutes drive away and able to offer generous discounts for the long stay guests.

With the recent opening of our new restaurants and function rooms we are now able to facilitate that business meeting away from the work environment.

Privilege Members - Travel Offers Scheme Welcome.

Please contact us for further details.

A2A Affordable Web Design - SMS Marketing - Affordable SEO & English Lakes
Designed By A2A Internet